3rd Annual Regatta Boat Race
September 18, 2021 – 9am—3pm
Carney Island Recreation & Conservation
Big Lake Weir Beach
The $150 Boat Entry Fee gets:
- One Boat Entry
- 2 Official Event T-shirts
- Lunch for up to 2 crew members
- Entry into the park
- Enjoy vendor displays
Download Boat Registration Form (Please submit via mail or email)
Or Call Cindy Moore @ 352-598-3633
Want to be a sponsor? Click here for details and registration
Gather Your Mates and Get in the Race!
Alligators, storms and hydrilla are real distractions on the lake. Designing, building and racing a boat together works wonders. Even better, you’re rallying behind the Arnette House, an emergency shelter for runaways, homeless, and at-risk adolescents in Ocala since 1981.
Answer the call of a day at the lake! With little or no experience, your business, friends or family, can build seaworthy crafts, from all kinds of materials. Some crews will win and some crews will sink, but everyone will have a good time. Arnette House needs your help to launch our 2nd Annual Boat Race Regatta in style.
Help us draw attention to the difference our community can make when we come together. Have fun! Get wet! Make a difference, help save a Family!
- Every crew member MUST wear a PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE (PFD)
- Please provide your own PFDs
- All crew members MUST sign a Participant Waiver/Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Boats may have one or two crew in boat.
- All boats are human powered. Please provide your own oars or paddles.
- NO fiberglass material
- NO old kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, Standup boards or pontoons
- NO caulking compounds, two-part/mixed adhesives, or rubberizing paints/sprays
- NO wrapping of old boats, canoes, or kayaks in duct tape, plastic, shrink wrap, fiberglass or similar product.
- Care should be taken that construction does not include pointed objects and sharp edges that could injure anyone.
- EVERYTHING must be removed from the area following the event.
Deadline for boat entry is: September 6, 2021